School of Engineering and Materials Science Research Studentships
Advanced Intelligent Control for Building Management System
Supervisors: Huasheng WANG
Application Deadline: 31-08-2022
The School of Engineering and Materials Science is offering a 3.5-year full time PhD Studentship in collaboration with an industrial partner in the field of advanced intelligent control for building management system. The research project will be jointly supervised by the academic and industrial supervisors.
The project aims in developing advanced intelligent control strategies to improve the overall performance of traditional building management system (BMS). Advanced constrained multi-objective optimal control strategies will be developed to significantly reduce the energy consumption while the energy demand for heating/cooling/lighting can be satisfied. The building’s dynamic model is to be adaptively updated online by training the data collected by sensors in real time. The performance of BMS will be monitored and potential faults will be diagnosed. The project is in line with the Net Zero strategies.
- Available to Home & Overseas Applicants
- This studentship is fully funded for 3.5 years and includes fees and a stipend based (currently £17,609 2021/2022).
- The minimum requirement for this studentship opportunity is a good Honours degree (minimum 2(i) honours or equivalent) or MSc/MRes in a relevant discipline.
- If English is not your first language, you will require a valid English certificate equivalent to IELTS 6.5+ overall with a minimum score of 6.0 in Writing and 5.5 in all sections (Reading, Listening, Speaking).
- Candidates are expected to start from October 2022
Supervisor Contact Details:
For informal enquiries about this position, please contact Professor Huasheng Wang
E-mail: [Email Address Removed]
To apply for this studentship and for entry on to the: Mechanical Engineering programme (Full Time) please follow the instructions detailed on the following webpage:
Research degrees in Engineering:
Further Guidance: http://www.qmul.ac.uk/postgraduate/research/
Please be sure to include a reference to ‘2022 QM HS’ to associate your application with this studentship opportunity.