This project is no longer listed in the FindAPhD
database and may not be available.
1. Abdull Razis AF, De Nicola G, Pagnotta E, Iori R and Ioannides C (2012) 4-Methysulfanyl-3-butenyl isothiocyanate derived from glucoraphasatin is a potent inducer of rat hepatic phase II enzymes and a potential chemopreventive agent. Arch. Toxicol., 86, 183-194.
2. Abdull Razis AF, Konsue N, Dervetzoglou M, Plant KE, Plant N and Ioannides C (2012) Phenethyl isothiocyanate, a naturally-occurring phytochemical, is an antagonist of the aryl hydrocarbon receptor. Mol. Nutr. Food Res., 56, 425-434.
3. Abdull Razis AF, Bagatta M, De Nicola GR, Iori R and Ioannides C (2011) Up-regulation of cytochrome P450 and Phase II enzyme systems in rat precision-cut rat lung slices by the intact glucosinolates, glucoraphanin and glucoerucin. Lung Cancer, 71, 298-305.
4. Hanlon N, Konsue N, Coldham N, Sauer MJ and Ioannides C (2011) Exposure to isothiocyanates suprresses urinary mutagenicity in rats treated with the heterocyclic amine IQ: Lack of association with CYP1 activity. Nut. Cancer, 63, 300-305.
5. Abdull Razis AF, Bagatta M, De Nicola GR, Iori R and Ioannides C (2011) Induction of epoxide hydrolase and glucuronosyl transferase by isothiocyanates and intact glucosinolates in precision-cut rat liver slices: importance of side-chain substituent and chirality. Arch. Toxicol., 85, 919-927.
6. Abdull Razis AF, Iori R and Ioannides C (2011) The natural chemopreventive phytochemical R-sulforaphane is a far more potent inducer of the carcinogen-detoxifying enzyme systems in rat liver and lung than the S-isomer. Intern. J. Cancer, 128, 2775-2782.
7. Konsue N, Kirkpatrick J, Kuhnert N, King LJ and Ioannides C (2010) Repeated oral administration modulates the pharmacokinetic behaviour of the chemopreventive agent phenethyl isothiocyanate in rats. Molecular Nutrition & Food Research, 54, 426-432.
8. Konsue N and Ioannides C (2010) Modulation of carcinogen-metabolising cytochromes P450 in human liver by the chemopreventive phytochemical phenethyl isothiocyanate, a constituent of cruciferous vegetables. Toxicology, 268, 184-190.
9. Konsue N and Ioannides C (2010) Phenethyl isocyanate is not the metabolite of phenethyl isothiocyanate responsible for mechanism-based inhibition of cytochrome P450. Arch. Toxicol., 84, 751-759.
10. Konsue N and Ioannides C (2010) Differential response of four human livers to modulation of phase II enzyme systems by the chemopreventive phytochemical phenethyl isothiocyanate. Molec. Nut. Food Res., 54, 1477-1485.
11. Abdull Razis AF, Bagatta M, De Nicola GR, Iori R and Ioannides C (2010) Intact glucosinolates modulate hepatic cytochrome P450 and phase II conjugation activities and may contribute directly to the chemopreventive activity of cruciferous vegetables. Toxicology, 277, 74-85.