Assembling Depreciation: Exploring the Political Economy of an Accounting Concept
Applications are invited for a student to undertake a PhD on “Assembling Depreciation: Exploring the Political Economy of an Accounting Concept”. This study sets out to explore the social life of depreciation. The study will produce an assemblage of the concept from (1) a genealogical exploration of the forces, actors and happenstances that led to the formation and institutionalisation of the concept, (2) exploring its many translations, elaborations and manifestations within accounting practice and the profession, and (3) tracing deployments, invocations and social actions of the concept in contemporary practice.
Standard duties and responsibilities of the scholarship
• Undertake a structured programme of study leading to the successful attainment of a PhD.
• Deliver agreed academic, practitioner and policy papers in conjunction with the supervisory team.
• Attend and present at agreed conferences, seminars and other relevant sessions.
• Further develop the existing proposal to be submitted to the IRC Government of Ireland PhD scholarship scheme.
• Undertake two hours academic development/teaching per week during the academic year, as assigned by management in conjunction with the supervisory team.
• Engage in agreed activities that help to support and enhance the WIT School of Business and the AIB Centre for Finance and Business Research.
• Participate in the research community life at WIT.
This is a 4 year full-time structured PhD programme
Stipend: €12,000 p/a
Fees: €4,500 p/a
Research costs: €2,000 p/a
For any informal queries, please contact Dr Collette Kirwan ([email protected]), or Dr Ray Griffin ([email protected]).
Please download the Research Postgraduate Application Form from the WIT Website and return completed applications to [email protected] quoting WIT_PhD_2019_003 in the email subject line. Please note that paper submissions will not be accepted.
Any queries relating to the application process should be emailed to [email protected].
For further information on this scholarship and how to apply, please visit View Website