This project is no longer listed on FindAPhD.com and may not be available.Click here to search FindAPhD.com for PhD studentship opportunities
Prospective students are encouraged to apply to the Oxford Interdisciplinary Bioscience DTP. International applicants are encouraged to explore scholarship options that are available to them through the University of Oxford, their home countries or organisations such as the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission.
This project would suit candidates with a strong background in one or more of the following areas: biological sciences, molecular biology, cell biology, biochemistry, bioinformatics, genetics.
1. Jarvis, P. and López-Juez, E. (2013) Biogenesis and homeostasis of chloroplasts and other plastids. Nat. Rev. Mol. Cell Biol. 14:787-802.
2. Jarvis, P. (2008) Targeting of nucleus-encoded proteins to chloroplasts in plants (Tansley Review). New Phytol. 179:257-285.
3. Kovacheva, S., Bédard, J., Patel, R., Dudley, P., Twell, D., Ríos, G., Koncz, C. and Jarvis, P. (2005) In vivo studies on the roles of Tic110, Tic40 and Hsp93 during chloroplast protein import. Plant J. 41:412-428.
4. Bédard, J., Kubis, S., Bimanadham, S. and Jarvis, P. (2007) Functional similarity between the chloroplast translocon component, Tic40, and the human co-chaperone, Hip. J. Biol. Chem. 282:21404-21414.
5. Bédard, J., Trösch, R., Wu, F., Ling, Q., Flores-Pérez, Ú., Töpel, M., Nawaz, F. and Jarvis, P. (2017) Suppressors of the chloroplast protein import mutant tic40 reveal a genetic link between protein import and thylakoid biogenesis. Plant Cell doi: 10.1105/tpc.16.00962. [Epub ahead of print].
6. Rose, C.M. et al. (2016) Highly multiplexed quantitative mass spectrometry analysis of ubiquitylomes. Cell Syst. 3:395-403.e4.
7. Rohila, J.S., Chen, M., Cerny, R. and Fromm, M.E. (2004) Improved tandem affinity purification tag and methods for isolation of protein heterocomplexes from plants. Plant J. 38:172-181.
8. Low, T.Y., Peng, M., Magliozzi, R., Mohammed, S., Guardavaccaro, D. and Heck, A.J. (2014) A systems-wide screen identifies substrates of the SCFβTrCP ubiquitin ligase. Sci Signal. 7(356):rs8.
Bédard, J., Trösch, R., Wu, F., Ling, Q., Flores-Pérez, Ú., Töpel, M., Nawaz, F. and Jarvis, P. (2017) Suppressors of the chloroplast protein import mutant tic40 reveal a genetic link between protein import and thylakoid biogenesis. Plant Cell doi: 10.1105/tpc.16.00962. [Epub ahead of print].
Flores-Pérez, Ú., Bédard, J., Tanabe, N., Lymperopoulos, P., Clarke, A.K. and Jarvis, P. (2016) Functional analysis of the Hsp93/ClpC chaperone at the chloroplast envelope. Plant Physiol. 170: 147-162.
Ling, Q. and Jarvis, P. (2015) Regulation of chloroplast protein import by the ubiquitin E3 ligase SP1 is important for stress tolerance in plants. Curr. Biol. 25:2527-2534.
Trösch, R., Töpel, M., Flores-Pérez, Ú. and Jarvis, P. (2015) Genetic and physical interaction studies reveal functional similarities between ALBINO3 and ALBINO4 in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 169: 1292-1306.
FTE Category A staff submitted: 223.80
Research output data provided by the Research Excellence Framework (REF)Click here to see the results for all UK universities