This research project is one of a number of projects in the Department. It is in competition for funding with one or more of these projects. Usually the project which receives the best applicant will be awarded the funding.
This project is eligible for a fully funded Graduate Teaching Assistant studentship which includes :
• A full UK/EU fee waiver for 4 years
• A stipend/salary package (at UKRI rates)
This project does not have any funding for international students.
1. European Environment Agency (2018), “Air quality in Europe – 2018 report”, https://www.eea.europa.eu//publications/air-quality-in-europe-2018 (Accessed: 29 Oct 2018).
2. Ball, S. M. (2014), “Atmospheric chemistry at night”, http://www.rsc.org/images/environmental-brief-no-3-2014_tcm18-237724.pdf (Accessed 29 Oct 2018).
3. Thornton, J. A. et al (2010), “A large atomic chlorine source inferred from mid-continental reactive nitrogen chemistry”, Nature, 464, p271.
4. Phillips, G. J. et al (2012), “Significant concentrations of nitryl chloride observed in rural continental Europe associated with the influence of sea salt chloride and anthropogenic emissions, Geophys. Res. Lett., 39, L10811, doi:10.1029/2012GL051912.
5. Sherwen, T. et al (2017), “Effects of halogens on European air-quality”, Faraday Discussions, 200, p75, doi: 10.1039/C7FD00026J. http://pubs.rsc.org/en/content/articlelanding/2017/fd/c7fd00026j
6. Sommariva, R. et al (2018), “Seasonal and geographical variability of nitryl chloride and its precursors in Northern Europe”, Atmospheric Science Letters, 19(8), e844, doi: 10.1002/asl.844 https://rmets.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/asl.844