About the Project
This project is supervised by Dr. Fouad Khelifi.
Eligibility and How to Apply:
Please note eligibility requirement:
• Academic excellence of the proposed student i.e. 2:1 (or equivalent GPA from non-UK universities [preference for 1st class honours]); or a Masters (preference for Merit or above); or APEL evidence of substantial practitioner achievement.
• Appropriate IELTS score, if required.
For further details of how to apply, entry requirements and the application form, see
Please note: Applications that do not include a research proposal of approximately 1,000 words (not a copy of the advert), or that do not include the advert reference (e.g. SF19/EE/CIS/KHELIFI) will not be considered.
Start Date: 1 March 2020 or 1 October 2020
Northumbria University takes pride in, and values, the quality and diversity of our staff. We welcome applications from all members of the community. The University holds an Athena SWAN Bronze award in recognition of our commitment to improving employment practices for the advancement of gender equality and is a member of the Euraxess network, which delivers information and support to professional researchers.
- C. Riachy, F. Khelifi, and A. Bouridane, “Video-based person re-identification using unsupervised tracklet matching,” in IEEE Access, vol. 7, pp. 20596–20606, 2019.
- F. Khelifi and A. Bouridane, ‘Perceptual Video Hashing for Content Identification and Authentication’ in IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems for Video Technology, vol. 29, pp. 50-67, Jan. 2019.
- J. Almaghtuf and F. Khelifi 'Self Geometric Relationship Filter for Efficient SIFT Key-points Matching in Full and Partial Palmprint Recognition', in IET Biometrics, vol. 7, pp. 296-304, June 2018.
- F. Khan, F. Khelifi, M. A. Tahir, and A. Bouridane ‘Dissimilarity Gaussian Mixture Models for Efficient Offline Handwritten Text-Independent Identification using SIFT and RootSIFT Descriptors’ in IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics and Security, vol. 14, pp. 289-303, Feb. 2018.
- F. Khan, M. A. Tahir, F. Khelifi, and A. Bouridane ‘Robust Off-line Text Independent Writer Identification Using Bagged Discrete Cosine Transform Features’ Elsevier Expert Systems with Applications, vol. 71, pp. 404-415, Apr. 2017.
- McCarroll N., Belatreche A., Harkin J., Li Y. (2015) “Bio-inspired hierarchical framework for multi-view face detection and pose estimation,” in IEEE International Joint Conference on Neural Networks (IEEE IJCNN), Killarney, 2015.
- Aboozar T., Belatreche A, Li Y, Maguire L. (2015) DL-ReSuMe: A Delay Learning-Based Remote Supervised Method for Spiking Neurons. IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks and Learning Systems, 26 (12). pp. 3137-3149
- Wang J., Belatreche A., Maguire L., McGinnity T.M (2015) SpikeTemp: An Enhanced Rank-Order-Based Learning Approach for Spiking Neural Networks with Adaptive Structure. IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks and Learning Systems.
Based on your current searches we recommend the following search filters.
Based on your current search criteria we thought you might be interested in these.