About the Project
In addition, popular methods in Artificial Intelligence and reinforcement learning techniques that are used in robotics applications are not explainable and are not transparent in their learning, resulting in the AI being unable to adapt to new situations that it should encounter. This research will focus in particular on this aspect of autonomy, with some significant progress in this area already.
This project will look at the development of autonomous learning techniques based on biological learning processes, and will build on a track record of success in this area and will work with a team of other researchers in the area of autonomous and automated AI (refer to cited references for more information).
Candidates should have (or expect to achieve) a UK honours degree at 2.1 or above (or equivalent) in Engineering, Physics, Computing Science with an essential background in computer coding, algorithms, mathematics, data analysis.
• Apply for Degree of Doctor of Philosophy in Engineering
• State name of the lead supervisor as the Name of Proposed Supervisor
• State ‘Self-funded’ as Intended Source of Funding
• State the exact project title on the application form
When applying please ensure all required documents are attached:
• All degree certificates and transcripts (Undergraduate AND Postgraduate MSc-officially translated into English where necessary)
• Detailed CV
Informal inquiries can be made to Dr A Starkey ([email protected]), with a copy of your curriculum vitae and cover letter. All general enquiries should be directed to the Postgraduate Research School ([email protected].
It is possible to undertake this project at a distance. Interested parties should contact Dr Starkey to discuss this.
• Ezenkwu, CP & Starkey, A 2019, 'Unsupervised Temporospatial Neural Architecture for Sensorimotor Map Learning', IEEE Transactions on Cognitive and Developmental Systems.[ONLINE] DOI: HTTPS://DOI.ORG/10.1109/TCDS.2019.2934643
Why not add a message here
Based on your current searches we recommend the following search filters.
Based on your current search criteria we thought you might be interested in these.