This project is to be funded under the BBSRC Doctoral Training Partnership. If you are interested in this project, please make direct contact with the Principal Supervisor to arrange to discuss the project further as soon as possible. You MUST also submit an online application form - full details on how to apply can be found on the BBSRC DTP website View Website
As an equal opportunities institution we welcome applicants from all sections of the community regardless of gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation and transgender status. All appointments are made on merit.
1. Chen et al., 2014. Lattice light-sheet microscopy: imaging molecules to embryos at high temporal and spatial resolution. Science, 346, 1257998.
2. Georgiades et al., 2017. The flexibility and dynamics of the tubules in the endoplasmic reticulum. Scientific Reports, 7, 16474.
3. Witkos et al., 2019. GORAB scaffolds COPI at the trans-Golgi for efficient enzyme recycling and correct protein glycosylation. Nature Commun. 10, 127.
4. Shelley D Rawson, Jekaterina Maksimcuka, Philip J Withers, Sarah H Cartmell X-ray Microscopy; Bringing New Insights to the Life Sciences. accepted by BMC Biology (in press)
5. Madi K, Staines KA, Bay BK, Javaheri B, Geng, H, Bodey AJ, Cartmell S, Pitsillides AA, Lee PD “In situ characterisation of nano-scale strains in a physiologically-representative whole joint loading model” Nature Biomedical Engineering 2019 in press