This project is to be funded under the BBSRC Doctoral Training Programme. If you are interested in this project, please make direct contact with the Principal Supervisor to arrange to discuss the project further as soon as possible. You MUST also submit an online application form - full details on how to apply can be found on the BBSRC DTP websitewww.manchester.ac.uk/bbsrcdtpstudentships
As an equal opportunities institution we welcome applicants from all sections of the community regardless of gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation and transgender status. All appointments are made on merit.
1. Chapman MR,Cosgrove SC, Turner NJ, Kapur N, Blacker AJ. Highly Productive Oxidative Biocatalysis in Continuous Flow by Enhancing the Aqueous Equilibrium Solubility of Oxygen. Angew Chem Int Ed Engl. 2018 57: 10535-10539
2. Plasch K, Hofer G, Keller W, Hay S, Heyes DJ, Dennig A, Glueck SM, Faber K. Pressurized CO2 as a carboxylating agent for the biocatalytic ortho-carboxylation of resorcinol. Green Chem. 2018 20: 1754-1759
3. https://www.cambridgenetwork.co.uk/news/ingenza-embarks-on-collaborative-project-to- recycle-co2/; Roger M, Brown F, Gabrielli W, Sargent F. Efficient Hydrogen-Dependent Carbon Dioxide Reduction by Escherichia coli. Curr Biol. 2018 28: 140-145.e2.
4. Hay S, Johannissen LO, Hothi P, Sutcliffe MJ, Scrutton NS. Pressure effects on enzyme-catalyzed quantum tunneling events arise from protein-specific structural and dynamic changes. J Am Chem Soc. 2012 134: 9749-54.
5. McLean KJ, Hans M, Meijrink B, van Scheppingen WB, Vollebregt A, Tee KL, van der Laan JM, Leys D, Munro AW, van den Berg MA. Single-step fermentative production of the cholesterol-lowering drug pravastatin via reprogramming of Penicillium chrysogenum. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2015 112: 2847-52