This project is to be funded under the BBSRC Doctoral Training Partnership. If you are interested in this project, please make direct contact with the Principal Supervisor to arrange to discuss the project further as soon as possible. You MUST also submit an online application form - full details on how to apply can be found on the BBSRC DTP website View Website
As an equal opportunities institution we welcome applicants from all sections of the community regardless of gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation and transgender status. All appointments are made on merit.
1. AC Kendall, SA Murphy, SM Pilkington, F Del Carratore, AL Sunarwidhi, M Kiezel-Tsugunova, P Urquhart, REB Watson, R Breitling, LE Rhodes, A Nicolaou. Dynamics of the skin mediator lipidome in response to dietary omega-3 fatty acid supplementation (2019) FASEB J (in press; doi: 10.1096/fj.201901501R).
2. AC Kendall, MM Koszyczarek, EA Jones, PJ Hart, M Towers, CEM Griffiths, M Morris, A Nicolaou. Lipidomics for translational skin research: a primer for the uninitiated (2018) Exp Dermatol. 27:721-728.
3. H Williams, L Campbell, RA Crompton, G Singh, AJ McBain, SM Cruickshank, MJ Hardman (2018) Microbial host interactions and impaired wound healing in mice and humans: defining a role for BD14 and NOD2. J Invest Dermatol. 138:2264-2274.
4. C El-Chami, IS Haslam, MC Steward, CA O'Neill (2018) Organic osmolytes preserve the function of the developing tight junction in ultraviolet B-irradiated rat epidermal keratinocytes (2018) Sci Rep. 8:5167.
5. AJ McBain, CA O’Neill, A Amezquita , LI Price, K Faust, N Tett, N Segata, JR Swann, AM Smith, B Murphy, M Hoptroff, G James, Y Reddy, A Dasgupta, T Rossi, IL Chapple , WG Wade, J Fernandez-Piquer (2019) Consumer Safety Considerations of Skin and Oral Microbiome Perturbation. Clin Microbiol Rev. doi: 10.1128/CMR.00051-19.