This project is to be funded under the BBSRC Doctoral Training Partnership. If you are interested in this project, please make direct contact with the Principal Supervisor to arrange to discuss the project further as soon as possible. You MUST also submit an online application form - full details on how to apply can be found on the BBSRC DTP website View Website
As an equal opportunities institution we welcome applicants from all sections of the community regardless of gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation and transgender status. All appointments are made on merit.
1. Richardson SM, Mitchell LA, Stracquadanio G, Yang K, Dymond JS, DiCarlo JE, Lee D, Huang CL, Chandrasegaran S, Cai Y, Boeke JD, Bader JS (2017) Design of a synthetic yeast genome. Science, 355:1040-1044
2. Liu W, Luo Z, Wang Y, Pham NT, Tuck L, Pérez-Pi I, Liu L, Shen Y, French C, Auer M, Marles-Wright J, Dai J, Cai Y. (2018) Rapid pathway prototyping and engineering using in vitro and in vivo synthetic genome SCRaMbLE-in methods.
Nat Commun. 9: 1936
3. Parker S., Fraczek M. et al. …,Delneri D* and O’Keefe RT* (2018) Large-scale profiling of noncoding RNA function in yeast PLoS Genetics 14: e1007253 (*co-corresponding authors).
4. Hooks K.B., Naseeb S., Parker S., Griffiths-Jones S., and Delneri D. (2016) Novel intronic RNA structures contributes to maintenance of phenotype in Saccharomyces cerevisiae, Genetics 203: 1469-1481
5. Delneri D., Hoyle D.C., et al. …and Oliver S.G. (2008). Identification and characterisation of high flux control (HFC) genes of Saccharomyces cerevisiae through competition analyses in continuous cultures. Nat. Genet., 40: 113-117.