About the Project
Applicants for a studentship must have obtained, or be about to obtain, a First or Upper Second Class UK Honours degree, or the equivalent qualifications gained outside the UK, in an appropriate area of science or technology. Applicants with a Lower Second Class degree will be considered if they also have a Master’s degree or have significant relevant non-academic experience.
In addition, due to the strong mathematical component of the taught course in the first year and the quantitative emphasis in our projects, a minimum of a grade B in A-level Maths or an equivalent qualification or experience is required.
Applicants must ensure they highlight their Maths background within their application and to upload any supporting evidence.
• a stipend* (at the standard UKRI rate; £15,285 per annum for 2020-2021)
• research and training costs
• tuition fees (at the standard UKRI rate)
• additional funds to support fieldwork, conferences and a 3-month placement
 Lello, J. and Hussell, T. (2008) Functional group/guild modelling of inter-specific pathogen interactions: A potential tool for predicting the consequences of co-infection. Parasitology 135(7): 825-839. (10.1017/S0031182008000383)
Risco, D. et al. (2014) Severity of bovine tuberculosis is associated with co-infection with common pathogens in wild boar. PLoS One 9(10): e110123 (10.1371/journal.pone.0110123 )
HOW TO APPLY
This studentship has a start date of October 2021. In order to be considered you must submit a formal application via Cardiff University’s online application service. (To access the application system, click the 'Visit Institution' button on this advert)
There is a box at the top right of the page labelled ‘Apply’, please ensure you select the correct ‘Qualification’ (Doctor of Philosophy), the correct ‘Mode of Study’ (Full Time) and the correct ‘Start Date’ (October 2021). This will take you to the application portal.
In order to be considered candidates must submit the following information:
• Supporting statement
• Qualification certificates
• Proof of English language (if applicable)
• In the research proposal section of the application, please specify the project title and supervisors of the project and copy the project description in the text box provided. In the funding section, select “I will be applying for a scholarship/grant” and specify advertised funding from BBSRC SWBio DTP. If you are applying for more than one Cardiff University project, please note this in the research proposal section as the form only allows you to enter one title.
Based on your current searches we recommend the following search filters.
Based on your current search criteria we thought you might be interested in these.