This project is eligible for a fully funded 3.5 year College of Science and Engineering studentship which includes:
• A full UK/EU fee waiver for 3.5 years - International applicants will need to provide evidence they can fund the difference between the UK/EU fee and International fee
• An annual tax free stipend of £15,009 (2019/20)
• Research Training Support Grant (RTSG)
1. Farokhzad OC, Langer R, “Impact of Nanotechnology on Drug Delivery” ACS Nano, 2009, 3, 16-20.
2. Oltra NS, Swift J, Mahmud A, Rajagopal K, Loverde SM, Discher DE, “Filomicelles in nanomedicine – from flexible, fragmentable, and ligand-targetable drug carrier designs to combination therapy for brain tumors” Journal of Materials Chemistry B, 2013, 1, 5177-5185.
3. Truong NP, Quinn JF, Whittaker MR, Davis TP, “Polymeric filomicelles and nanoworms: two decades of synthesis and application” Polymer Chemistry, 2016, 7, 4295-4312.
4. Eskandari A, Boodram JN, Lu C, Bruno PM, Hemann M, Suntharalingam K, “The breast cancer stem cell potency of copper(II) complexes bearing nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs and their encapsulation using polymeric nanoparticles” Dalton Transactions, 2016, 45, 17867-17873.
5. Eskandari A, Suntharalingam K, “A reactive oxygen species-generating, cancer stem cell-potent manganese(II) complex and its encapsulation into polymeric nanoparticles” Chemical Science, 2019, 10, 7792-7800.