About the Project
1 year MPhil -Sporting Edge Ltd is a high-performance consultancy with a pioneering approach based on digital learning. The company’s digital platform gives thousands of executives, coaches and entrepreneurs access to hundreds of inspirational leadership strategies from sporting champions, neuroscientists, strategists and leaders from the military, performing arts and business. Sporting Edge is currently investigating ways to transform their business model to accelerate growth and one way they hope to do this is through a new membership model.
Sporting Edge aim to transform their business model from the provision of face-to-face training to a subscription platform delivering bespoke video education courses.
To facilitate this transition Sporting Edge require analytics expertise to draw together and organise data from disparate sources into a format which can be interpreted and manipulated by non-technical staff. This will be done through the creation of a new piece of marketing insight software which will analyse customer interaction data and present it in a user-friendly dashboard.
• Bachelors Degree with at least a UK 2.1 with a significant statistics and coding component
• Effective English oral and written skills in order to communicate effectively
• Ability to build strong working relationships with core stakeholders (academics, sponsoring SME, and third sector organisations)
• Business engagement/development skills and aptitude
• A self-starter who is able to work as part of a team.
• BSc in a subject involving data analytics and machine learning.
• Experience with R, Python, SQL desirable but not essential
• Experience working with/creating dashboards in packages such as Tableau or Microsoft Power BI
• Experience in working in a business environment is an advantage.
The Leicester Innovation Hub is part-funded by European Regional Development Fund (ERDF).
The MPhil student:
- have graduated within the last 3 years in a related discipline;
- adhere to project confidentiality; at the start of the project
- assign any arising IP from the project;
- base their MPhil degree thesis on the research outcomes of the project;
- work closely with the SME company to undertake the research project;
- deliver monthly progress reports and a comprehensive project report to the University and sponsoring SME in addition to the MPhil thesis.
The University of Leicester English language requirements apply where applicable.
Skills and knowledge developed during the project:
• Analytics skills
• Data presentation skills
• Applications of these to customer segmentation
• Programming skills
• Communication skills with a range of stakeholders
To apply please refer to the advice at https://le.ac.uk/study/research-degrees/funded-opportunities/management-mphil-lih588
Project to start 1 September 2021
Project enquiries to Dr Will Darler firstname.lastname@example.org
Application enquiries to email@example.com
The studentship provides:
- Stipend of £1,166.67 for 12 months (total Stipend £14,000)
- Tuition Fees at UK* rates for 12 months.
* International applicants are welcome to apply but must be able to fund the difference between UK and Overseas fees.
Why not add a message here
Based on your current searches we recommend the following search filters.
Based on your current search criteria we thought you might be interested in these.