This project is no longer listed in the FindAPhD
database and may not be available.
This project has been shortlisted for funding by the ARIES NERC Doctoral Training Partnership. Undertaking a PhD with ARIES will involve attendance at training events.
ARIES is committed to equality & diversity, and inclusion of students of any and all backgrounds.
Applicants from quantitative disciplines with limited environmental science experience may be considered for an additional 3-month stipend to take appropriate advanced-level courses. Usually only UK and EU nationals who have been resident in the UK for 3 years are eligible for a stipend. Shortlisted applicants will be interviewed on 26th/27th February 2019.
Further information: www.aries-dtp.ac.uk or contact us: [Email Address Removed]
1. Torti A., Lever M.A., Jørgensen B.B. (2015) Origin, dynamics, and implications of extracellular DNA pools in marine sediments. Marine Genomics (DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.margen.2015.08.007)
2. Aalipour A., Dudley J., Park S.M., Murty S., Chabon J.J., Boyle E.A., Diehn M., Gambhir S.S. (2018) Deactivated CRISPR Associated Protein 9 for Minor-Allele Enrichment in Cell-Free DNA. Clinical Chemistry (DOI: 10.1373/clinchem.2017.278911)
3. Jian P. & Lo D.Y.M. (2016) The long and short of circulating cell-free DNA and ins and outs of molecular diagnostics. Trends in Genetics (DOI:https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tig.2016.03.009)
4. Hopes A., Nekrasov V., Kamoun S., Mock T. (2016) Editing of the urease gene by CRISPR-Cas in the diatom Thalassiosira pseudonana. Plant Methods (DOI: 10.1186/s13007-016-0148-0)
5. Mock T., Otillar R.P., Strauss J., McMullan M., Paajanen P., Schmutz J., Salamov A., Sanges R., Toseland A., Ward B.J., Allen A.E., Dupont C.L., Frickenhaus S., Maumus F., Veluchamy A., Wu T., Barry K.W., Falciatore A., Ferrante M.I., Fortunato A.E., Glöckner G., Gruber A., Hipkin R., Janech M.G., Kroth P.G., Leese F., Lindquist E.A., Lyon B.R., Martin J., Mayer C., Parker M., Quesneville H., Raymond J.A., Uhlig C., Valas R.E., Valentin K.U. Worden A.Z., Armbrust E.V., Clark M.D., Bowler C., Green B.R. Moulton V., Van Oosterhout C., Grigoriev I.V. (2017) Evolutionary genomics of the cold-adapted diatom Fragilariopsis cylindrus. Nature (DOI: 10.1038/nature20803)