You will be part of a team of 14 ESRs working on the V.A. Cure project, which aims to uncover core mechanisms of initiation and maintenance of Vascular Anomalies with the final goal to establish novel therapeutic strategies. The project is funded by the EU MSCA-ITN programme.
You will work on a research project with the following objectives:
• To identify primary (causative) and secondary effects, of genetic loss of function in the establishment of AVMs, at a transcriptional level and to relate these to the transcriptional profile of Vascular and lymphatic malformation.
• Use the above information to propose new targeting strategies.
• To test targeting strategies in in vitro systems with a cellular functional readout.
• To validate therapeutic potential in mouse models of HHT1.
You will also take part in the international training programme of the network and in outreach events.
We are looking for a motivated student with a strong commitment to basic and/or translational research, who:
• is eligible for MSCA-ETN funding, see Funding Notes
• has a MSc degree in biology, biomedical sciences or related disciplines
• is a team player with good communication skills
How to apply
- Make sure you meet the qualifying requirements
- Submit your application to the Varbi recruitment system via the following link: https://ki.mynetworkglobal.com/en/what:job/jobID:258833/type:job/where:4/apply:1
Please also send your application by email to [email protected]
, mentioning ‘application for ESR6’ in the subject line.
- The application should contain:
• A motivation letter describing your research career goals, skills and experience (cover letter)
• Curriculum vitae
• Grade transcripts and BSc/MSc diploma (in English or with a translation into English)
• Two letters of recommendation or the contact information for at least 2 referees.
Deadline for submitting applications: 1 May 2019
Terms and conditions
The doctoral student will be employed on a doctoral studentship maximum 4 years full-time. All applicants will be informed when the recruitment is completed.
Aimed starting date: June – October 2019.
Please visit http://www.vacure.eu
for more information on the project, the recruitment and selection criteria. For contact with the host lab of Lars Jakobsson please email: [email protected]
To be eligible for this H2020-MSCA-ITN funded PhD student position, you must:
– not have resided or carried out your main activity (work, studies, etc.) in the country of the recruiting beneficiary for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately before the recruitment date. Compulsory national service, short stays such as holidays, and time spent as part of a procedure for obtaining refugee status under the Geneva Convention are not taken into account, and
– At the date of recruitment (=first day of employment), be in the first four years (full-time equivalent research experience) of your research career and not have been awarded a doctoral degree.