Applications are invited from self-funded students. This project has a Band 2 fee. Details of our different fee bands can be found on our website (View Website). For information on how to apply for this project, please visit the Faculty of Biology, Medicine and Health Doctoral Academy website (View Website).
As an equal opportunities institution we welcome applicants from all sections of the community regardless of gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation and transgender status. All appointments are made on merit
1. Boudina S, Abel ED. Diabetic cardiomyopathy revisited. Circulation. 2007;115:3213-3223.
2. Michael I, Stevens SCW, Schaffer S, Jong CJ, Wold LE. Metabolic dysfunction in diabetic cardiomyopathy. Heart Fail Rev. 2014;19:35-48.
3. McLendon PM, Robbins J. Proteotoxicity and cardiac dysfunction. Circ Res. 2015;116(11):1863-8182.
4. Douglas PM, Cyr DM. Interplay between protein homeostasis networks in protein aggregation and proteotoxicity. Biopolymers. 2010;93(3):229-236.
5. Borghetti G, von Lewinski D, Eaton DM, Sourij H, Houser SR, Wallner M. Diabetic Cardiomyopathy: Current and Future Therapies. Beyond Glycemic Control. Front Physiol. 2018;9:1514.