Applications are invited from self-funded students. This project has a Band 2 fee. Details of our different fee bands can be found on our website (View Website). For information on how to apply for this project, please visit the Faculty of Biology, Medicine and Health Doctoral Academy website (View Website)
As an equal opportunities institution we welcome applicants from all sections of the community regardless of gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation and transgender status. All appointments are made on merit.
• Olabi S., Ucar A., Brennan K., Streuli CH. Integrin-Rac signalling for mammary epithelial stem cell self-renewal. Breast Cancer Res. 2018
• Ucar A., Streuli CH. A role for β-3 integrins in linking breast development and cancer. Developmental Cell. 2014
• Acar A., Simoes BM., Clarke RB., Brennan K. A role for Notch signalling in breast cancer and endocrine resistance. Stem Cells Int. 2016.
• Moreno-Layseca P., Ucar A., Sun H., Wood A., Olabi S., Gilmore AP., Brennan K., Streuli CH. The requirement of integrins for breast epithelial proliferation. Eur J Biol, 2017-08-31
• Ucar A., Vafaizadeh V., Jarry H., Fiedler J., Klemmt PA., Thum T., Groner B., Chowdhury K. miR-212 and miR-132 are required for epithelial stromal interactions necessary for mouse mammary gland development. Nature Genetics. 2010.