Brunel offers a number of funding options to research students that help cover the cost of their tuition fees, contribute to living expenses or both. See more information here: View Website. Recently the UK Government made available the Doctoral Student Loans of up to £25,000 for UK and EU students and there is some funding available through the Research Councils. Many of our international students benefit from funding provided by their governments or employers. Brunel alumni enjoy tuition fee discounts of 15%.)
Below are some publications from my group. These will give you good indications of the work we have done already and the developments of our ideas, techniques, and implementations.
1. B Abu Jamous, R Fa, and A K Nandi, "Integrative Cluster Analysis in Bioinformatics", Published by John Wiley & Sons, Chichester, West Sussex, UK, 2015 (ISBN 978-1-118-90653-8).
2. B Abu Jamous, F M Buffa, A L Harris, and A K Nandi, “In vitro downregulated hypoxia transcriptome is associated with poor prognosis in breast cancer", Molecular Cancer, DOI: 10.1186/s12943-017-0673-0, vol. 16, no. 105, (19 pages), 2017.
3. B Abu Jamous, R Fa, D J Roberts, and A K Nandi, “UNCLES: method for the identification of genes differentially consistently co-expressed in a specific subset of datasets", BMC Bioinformatics, DOI: 10.1186/s12859-015-0614-0, vol. 16, no. 184, 2015.
4. B Abu Jamous, R Fa, D J Roberts, and A K Nandi, “Comprehensive analysis of forty yeast microarray datasets reveals a novel subset of genes (APha-RiB) consistently negatively associated with ribosome biogenesis", BMC Bioinformatics, DOI: 10.1186/1471-2105-15-322, vol. 15, no. 322, 2014.
5. B Abu Jamous, R Fa, D J Roberts, and A K Nandi, “Paradigm of tunable clustering using binarization of consensus partition matrices (Bi-CoPaM) for gene discovery", PLoS ONE vol. 8, no. 2, doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0056432, 2013.
6. B Abu Jamous, R Fa, D J Roberts, and A K Nandi, “Yeast gene CMR1/YDL156W is consistently co-expressed with genes participating in DNA-metabolic processes in a variety of stringent clustering experiments", J. R. Soc. Interface, vol. 10, no. 81, doi: 10.1098/rsif.2012.0990, 2013.
FTE Category A staff submitted: 63.45
Research output data provided by the Research Excellence Framework (REF)Click here to see the results for all UK universities