All applicants should indicate in their applications how they intend to fund their studies. We have a thriving community of international PhD students and encourage applications at any time from students able to find their own funding or who wish to apply for their own funding (e.g. Commonwealth Scholarship).
Please contact me for further funding opportunities.
1. M. A. Sahai, C. Davidson, N. Dutta and J. Opacka-Juffry. (2018) Mechanistic Insights into the Stimulant Properties of Novel Psychoactive Substances (NPS) and Their Discrimination by the Dopamine Transporter—In Silico and In Vitro Exploration of Dissociative Diarylethylamines. Brain Sci. 8, 63; http://dx.doi.org/10.3390/brainsci8040063
2. M. A. Sahai, V. Barrese, N. Dutta, J. Opacka-Juffry and C. Davidson. (2017) Combined in vitro and in silico approaches to the assessment of stimulant properties of novel psychoactive substances - The case of the benzofuran 5-MAPB. Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry. 75:1-9. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.pnpbp.2016.11.004
3. P. Dawson, J. Opacka-Juffry, J. D. Moffatt, Y. Daniju, N. Dutta, J. Ramsey and C. Davidson. (2013) The effects of benzofury (5-APB) on the dopamine transporter and 5-HT2-dependent vasoconstriction in the rat. Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 48:57-63. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.pnpbp.2013.08.013
4. G. Khelashvili, N. Stanley, M. A. Sahai, J. Medina, M. V. LeVine, L. Shi, G. De Fabritiis, H. Weinstein. (2015) Spontaneous Inward Opening of the Dopamine Transporter Is Triggered by PIP2-Regulated Dynamics of the N-Terminus. ACS Chem Neurosci http://dx.doi.org/10.1021/acschemneuro.5b00179
5. G. Khelashvili, M. Doktorova, M. A. Sahai, N. Johner, L. Shi and H. Weinstein (2015) Computational modeling of the N-terminus of the human dopamine transporter and its interaction with PIP containing membranes. Proteins 3(5): 952-969. http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/prot.24792
FTE Category A staff submitted: 10.00
Research output data provided by the Research Excellence Framework (REF)Click here to see the results for all UK universities