About the Project
The aim of this research is to develop a comprehensive computational framework that can be employed to establish the soundness of the structural integrity of the wind turbine and also establish the fatigue life.
The main objectives are to:
• Established an integrated FE model of wind turbine structures including rotor, nacelle, tubular tower and foundation
• Develop a wind-induced response model of wind turbine structures with different speeds and directions
• Establish verification methodology to determine the accuracy of the proposed wind-induced response model by comparison with the existing field test data
• Assess the impact of low stress range, wind direction and the blade rotating effect on the fatigue damage
• Establish the best in class method to conduct the fatigue analysis
Candidates should have (or expect to achieve) the UK honours degree at 2.1 or above (or equivalent) in Mechanical or Civil Engineering. It is essential that the applicant has an Engineering or Applied physics background with knowledge of CAD and FE based modelling along with knowledge of structural mechanics and an understanding of theoretical foundations finite element analysis.
• Apply for Degree of Doctor of Philosophy in Engineering
• State name of the lead supervisor as the Name of Proposed Supervisor
• State ‘Self-funded’ as Intended Source of Funding
• State the exact project title on the application form
When applying please ensure all required documents are attached:
• All degree certificates and transcripts (Undergraduate AND Postgraduate MSc-officially translated into English where necessary)
• Detailed CV
Informal inquiries can be made to Dr A Siddiq ([email protected]), with a copy of your curriculum vitae and cover letter. All general enquiries should be directed to the Postgraduate Research School ([email protected])
It is possible to undertake this project by distance learning. Interested parties should contact Dr Siddiq to discuss this.
Why not add a message here
Based on your current searches we recommend the following search filters.
Based on your current search criteria we thought you might be interested in these.