White Rose BBSRC Doctoral Training Partnership in Mechanistic Biology
4 year fully-funded programme of integrated research and skills training, starting Oct 2020:
• Research Council Stipend
• UK/EU Tuition Fees
• Conference and research funding
At least a 2:1 honours degree or equivalent. We welcome students with backgrounds in biological, chemical or physical sciences, or mathematical backgrounds with an interest in biological questions.
EU candidates require 3 years of UK residency to receive full studentship
Not all projects will be funded; the DTP will appoint a limited number of candidates via a competitive process.
1. Hancock, AM; Meredith, SA; Connell, SDA; Jeuken, LJC; Adams, PG (2019) Proteoliposomes as energy transferring nanomaterials: enhancing the spectral range of light-harvesting proteins using lipid-linked chromophores. Nanoscale 11, 16284-16292.
2. Adams PG; Vasilev C; Neil Hunter C; Johnson MP (2018) Correlated fluorescence quenching and topographic mapping of Light-Harvesting Complex II within surface-assembled aggregates and lipid bilayers. BBA Bioenergetics 1859, 1075-1085.
3. DD Vecchis, R.A.F. Reithmeier and Kalli, A.C. 2019. Molecular simulations of intact Anion Exchanger 1 reveal specific domain and lipid interactions. Biophys J. 117, 1364-1379.
4. Kalli, A.C., and R.A.F. Reithmeier. 2018. Interaction of the human erythrocyte Band 3 anion exchanger 1 (AE1, SLC4A1) with lipids and glycophorin A: Molecular organization of the Wright (Wr) blood group antigen. PLoS Comput. Biol. 14: e1006284.
FTE Category A staff submitted: 24.00
Research output data provided by the Research Excellence Framework (REF)Click here to see the results for all UK universities