About the Project
With this PhD studentship, we are aiming to develop efficient data processing in .NET environment for multi-mode CV-QKD systems for fibre as well as for free-space communication channels. The primary goal of this position is to develop CV-QKD system that offers high signal to noise ratio by utilizing multiple modes of the quantum signals. It also includes programming and interfacing of data generation and acquisition devices, on board data manipulation and reconciliation. Particular emphasis will be given on error correction codes running in graphics processing units. There will also a requirement to study the vulnerabilities associated with multi-mode CV-QKD systems.
If successful, you will work with Dr Rupesh Kumar under the supervision of Professor Stefano Pirandola.
To be considered for this funding you must:
1. meet the entrance requirements for a PhD in Computer Science
2. be eligible to pay home/EU fees and be able to meet the EPSRC requirements: https://www.epsrc.ac.uk/skills/students/help/eligibility/*
* EU applicants who do not meet the EPSRC residency requirements can apply to be considered for a fees only award
We will look favourably on applicants that can demonstrate knowledge of quantum physics and who have adequate programming skills in C++/C#/Python.
To apply for this studentship
1. You must apply online for a full-time PhD in Computer Science.
2. You must quote the project title (Continuous variable quantum key distribution with multi-mode signals) in your application. There is no need to write a full formal research proposal (2,000-3,000 words) in your application to study as this studentship is for a specific project. However, you should provide a personal statement of 500-1,000 words with your initial thoughts on the research topic.
The closing date for the receipt of applications is 05/03/2019.
Interviews are expected to take place within approximately 14 days of the closing date.
The studentship must begin October, 2019.
1. £14,777 (2018/19 rate) per year stipend
2. Home/EU tuition fees
3. RTSG (training/consumables/travel) provision
Based on your current searches we recommend the following search filters.
Based on your current search criteria we thought you might be interested in these.