The candidate should have a first class or upper second class honours degree, or a master’s degree (or equivalent qualification), in Chemistry or related discipline.
Evidence of good spoken and written English is essential. The candidate should have an IELTS score of 6.5 or above, if the first language is not English. This position is open to all qualified candidates irrespective of nationality.
The student will be awarded a PhD degree from the University of Liverpool (UK) upon successful completion of the program.
This PhD project is a collaborative research project between XJTLU (http://www.xjtlu.edu.cn) in Suzhou and JITRI (Jiangsu Industrial Technology Research Institute) Institute for Smart Liquid Crystals (http://www.jitri-lci.com/ ) in Changshu. The student will be registered as an XJLTU PhD student but is expected to carry out the major part of his or her research at the Institute in Changshu. Tripartite agreement will be signed among student, XJTLU and institute. The PhD scholarship is available for three years subject to satisfactory progress by the student. The award covers tuition fees for three years (currently equivalent to RMB 80,000 per annum) and provides an annually stipend at a standard around 60,000 RMB as a contribution to living, meal and accommodation allowance.
Controllable preparation and optical properties of one-dimensional nano-optical materials. Synthesis of nano materials such as quantum dots and investigate their optical properties.
For more information about doctoral scholarship and PhD programme at Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University (XJTLU): Please visit
Principal Supervisor: Link of Profile: https://www.xjtlu.edu.cn/en/departments/academicdepartments/chemistry/staff/kim-lau
How to Apply:
Interested applicants are advised to email [Email Address Removed] (XJTLU principal supervisor’s email address) or [Email Address Removed] (JITRI supervisor’s email) the following documents for initial review and assessment (please put the project title in the subject line).
• Two reference letters with company/university letterhead
• Personal statement outlining your interest in the position
• Proof of English language proficiency (an IELTS score of 6.5 or above)
• Verified school transcripts in both Chinese and English (for international students, only the English version is required)
• Verified certificates of education qualifications in both Chinese and English (for international students, only the English version is required)
• PDF copy of Master Degree dissertation (or an equivalent writing sample) and examiners reports available.