To be eligible you must:
• be a domestic candidate (includes candidates with Australian Citizenship, Australian Permanent Residency or New Zealand Citizenship).
• meet Deakin's PhD entry requirements
• be enrolling full time and hold an honours degree (first class) or an equivalent standard master's degree with a substantial research component.
Additional desirable criteria:
Your Honours or Research Masters Degree should be in a relevant field, covering areas such as:
• Reading, particularly young adult fiction
• Australian publishing or library sectors
• Sociology of culture
Experience in qualitative analysis methods and/or analysis of policy documents would be an advantage.