About the Project
The future European Super Grid will evolve towards a multi-terminal DC system. Suitable power flow control devices are essential to facilitate the power flow in such highly meshed system. This project will evaluate various options to implement DC power flow control. Converter system modelling and control design will be a focus to address challenges of cost, flexibility, and security.
Candidates should have (or expect to achieve) a UK honours degree at 2.1 or above (or equivalent) in Electrical Engineering
The candidate should have good background knowledge in power electronics, power systems and control engineering, and should be motivated to perform theoretical research and simulation studies.
• Apply for Degree of Doctor of Philosophy in Engineering
• State name of the lead supervisor as the Name of Proposed Supervisor
• State ‘Self-funded’ as Intended Source of Funding
• State the exact project title on the application form
When applying please ensure all required documents are attached:
• All degree certificates and transcripts (Undergraduate AND Postgraduate MSc-officially translated into English where necessary)
• Detailed CV
Informal inquiries can be made to Dr P Li (firstname.lastname@example.org) with a copy of your curriculum vitae and cover letter. All general enquiries should be directed to the Postgraduate Research School (email@example.com)
Why not add a message here
Based on your current searches we recommend the following search filters.
Based on your current search criteria we thought you might be interested in these.