Candidates must have a first class or upper second-class Honours degree (or overseas equivalent) in a relevant subject area. A Master’s Degree is desirable but not essential.
The 3-year studentship covers tuition fees and provides a tax-free stipend of £18,000 per annum. Overseas students should be able to demonstrate adequate financial support to cover the difference between the home/EU fee and the overseas fee. Applicants are also required to meet Imperial College’s English language requirements. Please see the following link: View Website
1. de la Roche M, Hamilton C, Mortensen R, Jeyaprakash AA, Ghosh S, Anand PK. Trafficking of cholesterol to the ER is required for NLRP3 inflammasome activation. J Cell Biol. 2018 Oct 1;217(10):3560-3576.
2. Hamilton C, Tan L, Miethke T, Anand PK. Immunity to uropathogens: the emerging roles of inflammasomes. Nat Rev Urol. 2017 May;14(5):284-295.
3. Lupfer C*, Anand P* et al., Reactive oxygen species regulate Caspase-11 expression and activation of the non-canonical NLRP3 inflammasome during enteric pathogen infection. PLoS Pathogens 2014; 10:e1004410.
4. Lupfer C, Thomas P, Anand P et al., Receptor interacting protein kinase 2-mediated mitophagy regulates inflammasome activation during virus infection. Nature Immunology 2013; 14:480-488.
5. Anand P et al., NLRP6 negatively regulates innate immunity and host defence against bacterial pathogens. Nature 2012; 488:389-393.