Fully funded two year MD supported through a Timpson Fellowship. Studentship to commence in September 2019 and covers tuition fees and salary. Salary will be on the Specialist Registrar scale, with starting salary within range £31,217 - £41,300 per annum, dependent on experience. If you are interested please make direct contact with the Supervisor to discuss the project. You MUST submit an online application form - choose MD Cancer Sciences.
As an equal opportunities institution we welcome applicants from all sections of the community regardless of gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation and transgender status. All appointments are made on merit.
1. Valle J, Wasan H, Palmer DH et al. Cisplatin plus gemcitabine versus gemcitabine for biliary tract cancer. N Engl J Med 2010;362:1273-1281.
2. Nakamura H, Arai Y, Totoki Y et al. Genomic spectra of biliary tract cancer. Nat Genetics 2015;47:1003-1010.
3. Szabo G. Gut-liver axis in alcoholic liver disease. Gastroenterology 2015;148:30-36.
4. Spolverato G, Yakoob MY, Kim Y et al. Impact of complications on long-term survival after resection of intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma. Cancer 2015;121:2730-2739.
5. Iida N, Dzutsev A, Stewart CA et al. Commensal bacteria control cancer response to therapy by modulating the tumor microenvironment. Science 2013;342:967-970.