This project will focus on development, improvement, and application of single-molecule tracking and super-resolution imaging, such as TIRF, HiLo, PALM, STORM, Lattice Light-Sheet Microscopy and other technologies, for the analysis of key proteins in the process of thrombosis and platelet activation, dynamic processes such as molecular conformational changes (i.e. integrin receptors, cytoskeletons, and mechano-sensitive ion channels), protein assembly and relocation, and protein-protein interactions.
We aim to make technological breakthroughs in time, space and multiple dimensions, and draw the platelet "molecular interactome" of healthy people and cardiovascular patients with diabetes, obesity and metabolic syndromes. Finally, the high-volume 2D-3D image data analyses are combined for anti-platelet drug screenings
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
• Skilled in using at least one optical design software such as ZEMAX, Lighttools, Codev, TRACEPRO.
• Master basic optical theory, diffractive optics, Fourier optics, photoelectric information processing and other basic theories, and understand the design principles of microscope imaging systems.
• Familiar with the design of optoelectronic system architecture. Experience in microscope and imaging optical system design and production is preferred.
• Responsible for optical system design and component selection, assembly and debugging of optical systems.
• Solid basic knowledge of biology and rich experience in the PC2 biological laboratory, applicants with related scientific backgrounds such as pathological imaging diagnosis, intracellular organ imaging mechanism analysis, bioprobe labeling, targeted therapy, etc.
Preferred experiences include:
• Optical microscopy imaging, optical super-resolution imaging, adaptive optics, the principles and characterisation of fluorescent materials, and the principle of photon matter interaction.
• Using spatial light modulator, deformable mirror device, and acoustic optical deflector.
This is a fully funded scholarship for 3.5 years which covers tuition fees and a stipend for living expenses.
To apply, submit your resume to Dr Arnold Lining Ju - [Email Address Removed]