This fully funded PhD studentship will join a dynamic research team at the School of Engineering and Materials Science and contribute significantly to the recently awarded EPSRC “StableSolar-NFA” project, in close research collaboration with leading universities including in particular Imperial College London, Cambridge University and Swansea University, as well as industrial partners including in particular Eight 19, Armor and NSG.
The candidate is expected to work closely within a team of academics, postdocs and research graduate students, with a primary focus on developing novel material and designs to enable the demonstration of high performance, low cost and stable organic solar cells based on non-fullerene acceptors, a highly promising next generation photovoltaic technology.
The candidate is expected to develop profound fundamental knowledge of the material and device designs, operations and degradation mechanisms of organic solar cells, as well as develop skills in solar cell fabrication, testing and advanced characterisation. The candidate will also be expected to pay regular visits to the academic and industrial partners, as well as building up strong expertise and skills for careers both in academia and industry.
QMUL Research Studentship Details
• Available to Home/EU Applicants only.
• Full Time programme only.
• Applicant required to start in January 2020.
• The studentship arrangement will cover tuition fees and provide an annual stipend for up to three and a half years (Currently set as
£17,009 in 2019/20).
• The minimum requirement for this studentship opportunity is a good Honours degree (minimum 2(i) honours or equivalent) or
MSc/MRes in a relevant discipline.
• If English is not your first language then you will require a valid English certificate equivalent to IELTS 6.5+ overall with a minimum
score of 6 in Writing and 5.5 in all sections (Reading, Listening, Speaking).
• Please note that this studentship is only available to Home/EU Applicants. (See: http://www.welfare.qmul.ac.uk/money/feestatus/
Supervisor Contact Details:
For informal enquiries about this position, please contact Dr Zhe Li
E-mail: [email protected]
To apply for this studentship and for entry on to the PhD Materials Science programme (Full Time) please follow the instructions detailed on the following webpage:
Research degrees in Materials: http://www.qmul.ac.uk/postgraduate/research/subjects/materials.html
Further Guidance: http://www.qmul.ac.uk/postgraduate/research/
Please be sure to include a reference to ‘2019 SEMS ZL’ to associate your application with this studentship opportunity.
Deadline for applications: Friday 22nd November 2019