About the Project
Techniques that will be undertaken during the project:
- Bioinformatics- analyzing gene cluster, protein structural prediction and metabolite prediction, protein-protein interactions
- Molecular biology – Manipulation with DNA (PCR, cloning, Gene knockouts etc), site-directed mutagenesis
- Protein expression and purification, optimization and analysis of protein quality
- Metabolic engineering:- pathway construction in different hosts and pathway optimization, separation and characterization of metabolites, analysis of polymers and biomaterials
- Enzymology: enzyme activity assays and assay development, enzyme kinetics (UV-Vis spectroscopy, Fluorescence spectroscopy. HPLC, GC, IR, Mass spec, NMR)
- Protein X-ray crystallography, crystallization and protein structure resolution
- Chemical synthesis:- of metabolites/intermediates, cross coupling chemistry and developing chemo-enzymatic reactions.
Latham, Jonathan, Brandenburger, Eileen, Shepherd, Sarah A., Menon, Binuraj R. K., Micklefield, Jason. 2017. Development of halogenase enzymes for use in synthesis. Chemical Reviews.
Latham, Jonathan, Henry, Jean-Marc, Sharif, Humera H., Menon, Binuraj R. K., Shepherd, Sarah A., Greaney, Michael F., Micklefield, Jason. 2016. Integrated catalysis opens new arylation pathways via regiodivergent enzymatic C-H activation. Nature Communications, 7.
Menon, Binuraj R. K., Latham, Jonathan, Dunstan, Mark S., Brandenburger, Eileen, Klemstein, Ulrike, Leys, David, Karthikeyan, Chinnan, Greaney, Michael F., Shepherd, Sarah A., Micklefield, Jason. 2016. Structure and biocatalytic scope of thermophilic flavin-dependent halogenase and flavin reductase enzymes. Organic and Biomolecular Chemistry, 14 (39), pp. 9354-9361.
Based on your current searches we recommend the following search filters.
Based on your current search criteria we thought you might be interested in these.