This project has a Band 3 fee. Details of our different fee bands can be found on our website (View Website). For information on how to apply for this project, please visit the Faculty of Biology, Medicine and Health Doctoral Academy website (View Website).
Informal enquiries may be made directly to the primary supervisor.
1) Moutsopoulos N.M., et al., Defective neutrophil recruitment in leukocyte adhesion deficient type 1 disease causes local IL-17-driven inflammatory bone loss. Sci Transl Med. 2014. 6(229):229ra40
2) Eskan M.A., et al., The leukocyte integrin antagonist Del-1 inhibits IL-17 mediated inflammatory bone loss. Nat Imm. 2012. 13, 465-473.
3) Hajishengallis G., et al., Low-abundance biofilm species orchestrates inflammatory periodontal disease through the commensal microbiota and complement. Cell Host and Microbe. 2011. 10(5). 497-506.
4) Claesson, M.J., et al., Gut microbiota composition correlates with diet and health in the elderly. Nature, 2012. 488(7410): p. 178-84.
5) Zanvit P., et al., Antibiotics in neonatal life increases murine susceptibility to experimental psoriasis. Nat Commun. 2015. 6(8424).