About the Project
With its 4,300 employees and 32,500 students, the University of Graz provides an exciting and varied work environment. Given our expertise in research and teaching, we are a central institution in Styria.
The Institute of Chemistry, Department Physical & Theoretical Chemistry is looking for a
Doctoral Candidate within an international joint program
(40 hours a week; fixed-term employment for the period of 3 years; job starting date: 1st May 2021)
- Investigation of functional molecules in ultra-high vacuum by scanning probe techniques
- Study chemical reactions of molecular building blocks at surfaces to produce one-dimensional polymers
- Manipulation of single molecules
- Doctoral thesis in the research group „Single-Molecule Chemistry“ (www.nanograz.com)
- Master degree in chemistry of physics (or comparable studies)
- Knowledge in physical chemistry, experimental physics, scanning probe microscopy, low-temperature techniques or surface science,
- Good oral and written communication skills in English
- Communication and organizational skills and ability to work in teams
- Ability to work independently
The salary as stated in the University Collective Agreement and according to the classification scheme B1 is EUR 2200.00 gross/month.
We offer you a job with a lot of responsibility and variety. You can expect an enjoyable work climate, flexible work hours and numerous possibilities for further education and personal development. Take advantage of the chance to enter into a challenging work environment full of team spirit and enthusiasm for your job.
Application Deadline: 15th March 2021
Reference: on-surface synthesis
The University of Graz strives to increase the proportion of women in particular in management and faculty positions and therefore encourages qualified women to apply. Especially with regard to academic staff, we welcome applications from persons with disabilities who meet the requirements of the advertised position.
If you are interested, please submit your application documents within the stated deadline. Make sure to indicate the reference on your application and please send your CV and photo to:
Institute of Chemistry
Why not add a message here
Based on your current searches we recommend the following search filters.
Based on your current search criteria we thought you might be interested in these.