Ulm University with its more than 10,000 students offers varied professional tasks in a highly innovative research, teaching and work environment, at the same time facilitating the reconciliation of work and family in many ways. The Institutes of Organic Chemistry and Macromolecular Chemistry invite applications for the position of a doctoral researcher.
> Scope: Part-time 67 %
> Temporary: One year (+ two)
> Remuneration: TV-L 13
> Start: as early as possible
The position is embedded within the research consortium POLiS (Post Lithium Storage, https://www.postlithiumstorage.org/de/), which is funded as a “Cluster of Excellence” by the German Science Foundation. Successful applicants will be jointly supervised by Prof. Max von Delius (Organic Chemistry) and Prof. Alexander JC Kuehne (Macromolecular Chemistry). The objective of the project is to develop novel organic cathode and electrolyte materials for metal-sulfur batteries.
· University degree in Chemistry or a closely related subject, suitable for admission into a German PhD programme (e. g. MSc., BSc. Honors)
· Research experience in organic synthesis is essential
· Research experience in electrochemistry and/or battery science is beneficial
· Fluent in English
· Excellent communication and presentation skills
· Effective team worker
· To synthesize macromolecular electrolyte and/or cathode materials for metal-sulfur batteries
· To characterize precursor molecules and the organic battery materials using state-of-the-art techniques and instruments
· To cooperate closely with on-site and external battery science researchers
· To fine-tune and optimize materials properties according to key battery characteristics
· To prepare progress reports, research publications and conference presentations
We seek to increase the proportion of women in research and teaching and particularly encourages qualified female scientists to apply for this position.
Severely disabled applicants with equal aptitude will be given preferential consideration.
Seize the opportunity and join us in shaping the future of the University!
> Reference no:22004
> Application deadline: 31.01.2022
Hiring is done by the Central University Administration.
Your contact for further information:
Prof. Dr. Max von Delius, phone +49 731 50-22847
We look forward to your application via our online application portal.