The MRC Biostatistics Unit offers at least 6 fulltime PhDs funded by the Medical Research Council or NIHR for commencement in April 2019 or October 2019.
Academic and Residence eligibility criteria apply.
More details are available at
(View Website )
In order to be formally considered all applicants must also complete a University of Cambridge application form- full details can be found here (View Website )
However informal enquiries are welcome to [email protected]
Projects will remain open until the studentships are filled but priority will be given to applications received by the 3rd January 2019
1. Goldstein et al., (2017) Opportunities and challenges in developing risk prediction models with electronic health record data: a systematic review. J Am Med Inform Assoc 24 (1):198-208.
2. Paige et al., (2018) Landmark models for optimizing the use of repeated measurements of risk factors in electronic health records to predict future disease risk. Am J Epidemiol 187 (7):1530-1538.
3. Purushotham et al., (2017) Benchmarking of deep learning models on large healthcare MIMIC datasets. arXiv: https://arxiv.org/abs/1710.08531
4. Johnson et al., (2016) MIMIC-III, a freely accessible critical care database. Scientific Data 160035.
5. Collins et al., (2015) Transparent reporting of a multivariable prediction model for individual prognosis or diagnosis (TRIPOD): the TRIPOD statement. Ann Intern Med 162 (1):55-63