The MRC Biostatistics Unit offers 4 fulltime PhDs funded by the Medical Research Council for commencement in April 2020 (UK applicants only) or October 2020 (all applicants). Academic and Residence eligibility criteria apply.
In order to be formally considered all applicants must complete a University of Cambridge application form. Informal enquiries are welcome to [email protected]
Applications received via the University application system will all be considered as a gathered field after the closing date 7th January 2020
For all queries see our website for details View Website
1. Goldstein et al., (2017) Opportunities and challenges in developing risk prediction models with electronic health record data: a systematic review. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5201180/.
2. Paige et al., (2018) Landmark models for optimizing the use of repeated measurements of risk factors in electronic health records to predict future disease risk. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6030927/
3. Purushotham et al., (2017) Benchmarking of deep learning models on large healthcare MIMIC datasets. arXiv: https://arxiv.org/abs/1710.08531
4. Johnson et al., (2016) MIMIC-III, a freely accessible critical care database. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27219127
5. Collins et al., (2015) Transparent reporting of a multivariable prediction model for individual prognosis or diagnosis (TRIPOD): the TRIPOD statement. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25984857