Candidates should apply to Sheffield Hallam University via the University application form, including a 1500 word research proposal (section 9) demonstrating your background reading on the topic of the PhD and your plans for how you would undertake this programme.
Please include a cover letter describing why you are interested in pursuing postgraduate studies and how you meet the selection criteria.
An application form can be downloaded at the following URL:
Interviews will be held week early June 2019.
Funding is available for 42 months with a start date of October 2019.
Successful applicants will possess all of the attributes listed below.
• A first class or upper second class honours degree in a biological sciences subject or a related discipline or a Merit of distinction
in a suitable MSc. Experience working in a research laboratory is desirable.
• Excellent communication skills in English (speaking and writing).
• Ability to work independently and within a team
• Highly motivated with a commitment to conduct high quality research
• Excellent time management skills
• Experience in cell and tissue culture is desirable.
• Experience in paraffin sectioning, histology and immunohistochemistry is desirable.
For enquiries about the project please contact Prof Christine Le Maitre, [email protected]