About the Project
In this work, efficient solution techniques such as lattice Boltzmann method (LBM) will be used for solving the coupled CFD-PBE model equations, where the solution of the PBE in terms of CSD will be explored. LBM is the simulation approach that solves simplified governing equations at the mesoscopic level which is equivalent to solving the complicated nonlinear governing equations at the macroscopic level. These results will be very useful in designing industrial continuous crystallizer with particular application to pharmaceutical and chemical sectors.
Candidates should have (or expect to achieve) a UK honours degree at 2.1 or above (or equivalent) in Chemical Engineering or a similar discipline.
Knowledge or interest in process design, simulation and experience in computer programming (e.g., C/C++/FORTRAN) are highly expected
• Apply for Degree of Doctor of Philosophy in Engineering
• State name of the lead supervisor as the Name of Proposed Supervisor
• State ‘Self-funded’ as Intended Source of Funding
• State the exact project title on the application form
When applying please ensure all required documents are attached:
• All degree certificates and transcripts (Undergraduate AND Postgraduate MSc-officially translated into English where necessary)
• Detailed CV
Informal inquiries can be made to Dr A Majumder ([email protected]), with a copy of your curriculum vitae and cover letter. All general enquiries should be directed to the Postgraduate Research School ([email protected])
Why not add a message here
Based on your current searches we recommend the following search filters.
Based on your current search criteria we thought you might be interested in these.