About the Project
Open until the position is filled
The candidate should have a first class or upper second class honours degree, or a master’s degree (or equivalent qualification), in Environmental Sciences, Geochemistry, Chemistry or Soil Chemistry. Evidence of good spoken and written English is essential. The candidate should have an IELTS score of 6.5 or above, if the first language is not English. This position is open to all qualified candidates irrespective of nationality.
The student will be awarded a PhD degree from the University of Liverpool (UK) upon successful completion of the program.
This project will establish speciation analysis method on Se, Cd and interacted Se-Cd by preconcentration-IC-ICP-MS. Then the established method will be employed to determine the Se-Cd co-existed speciation in rhizosphere and plant tissues of two staple crops to explore the interactive effects between Se and Cd in natural soil-plant system. The present study will be helpful to evaluate the toxicity of Cd under the presence of Se, and regulate Cd accumulation in edible part via Se. If you want to know more on the project background, please visit my personal profile as https://www.xjtlu.edu.cn/en/departments/academic-departments/health-andenvironmental-sciences/staff/linxi-yuan.
For more information about doctoral scholarship and PhD programme at Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University (XJTLU) please visit -
How to Apply:
Interested applicants are advised to email [email protected] the following documents for initial review and assessment (please put the project title in the subject line).
• CV • Two reference letters with company/university letterhead
• Personal statement outlining your interest in the position
• Proof of English language proficiency (an IELTS score of 6.5 or above)
• Verified school transcripts in both Chinese and English (for international students, only the English version is required)
• Verified certificates of education qualifications in both Chinese and English (for international students, only the English version is required)
• PDF copy of Master Degree dissertation (or an equivalent writing sample) and examiners reports available
Informal enquiries may be addressed to Professor/Dr Linxi Yuan ([email protected]), whose personal profile is linked below: https://www.xjtlu.edu.cn/en/staff?department=health-and-environmental-sciences&alias=linxi-yuan
Why not add a message here
Based on your current searches we recommend the following search filters.
Based on your current search criteria we thought you might be interested in these.
PhD in Plants and Microbes: crop production and protection, the interaction between plants and other plants, pests and pathogens, and soils, and the interactions of ecosystems with global change
University of Sheffield