About the Project
This is an industry-based project which will provide a great opportunity for a candidate who seeks to obtain skills and higher degree with opportunity of direct employment in related industry.
This is a research project with high potential for research translation and commercial application.
It is anticipated that the technology and formulation will be used in large scale plant either in Australia or overseas. In this project the candidate will develop an effective formulation and a bioprocess to enhance the functionality and efficacy of a drug that is broadly used.
Developing a formulation that increases the efficacy will reduce the dosage and also the cost significantly. It will also enhance the drug bioavailability.
• Applicants must hold master degree or equivalent from reputable institutes with strong academic background in Engineering, pharmaceutical processing, protein chemistry, drug delivery and formulation preferably with or Chemistry.
• A demonstrated knowledge or experience in fermentation processing and bioprocesses for protein production, purification, characterisation and formulation will be desirable will be desirable.
• It will be ideal that candidate has industry experience in commercial scale fermentation process.
• An ability to work both independently and collaboratively across different research disciplines and industry.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with high levels of competency in both written and spoken English.
Centre for Advanced Food Enginomics
The Centre of Advanced Food Enginomics (CAFE) aims to meet the food and health challenges of the 21st century by creating and delivering nutritious and wholesome processed foods to improve human well-being.
CAFE comprises a cross-disciplinary cluster of high-profile researchers using the state-of-art facilities and equipment located within the Faculty of Engineering at the University of Sydney.
Tuition fees are included for an outstanding international applicant for up to 12 research periods (3 years) and satisfactory academic performance. The recipient may apply for an extension of up to two research periods (approx. 6 months).
Why not add a message here
Based on your current searches we recommend the following search filters.
Based on your current search criteria we thought you might be interested in these.