- domestic or international candidate
- meet Deakin's PhD entry requirements
- be enrolling full time and hold an honours degree (first class) or equivalent standard master's degree with a substantial research component.
We consider candidates who are motivated, with an innovative mind, good oral and written communication skills who are interested in undertaking cutting edge research.
Additional desirable criteria:
- Background in materials engineering or industrial engineering or similar
- Understanding of economic measures and tools to assess production processes
- Ability to work independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary research team.