1. Jenner, S.L., Buckley, G.L., Belski, R., Devlin, B.L. and Forsyth, A.K. (2019) Dietary intakes of professional and semi-professional team sport athletes do not meet sport nutrition recommendations—a systematic literature review. Nutrients, 11(5), 1160.
2. Renard, M., Kelly, D.T., Ni Cheilleachair, N. and O Cathain, C. (2021) How does the dietary intake of female field-based team sport athletes compare to dietary recommendations for health and performance? A systematic literature review. Nutrients 2021, 13, 1235. https://doi.org/10.3390/nu13041235
3. Steffl, M., Kinkorova, I., Kokstejn, J. and Petr, M. (2019) Macronutrient Intake in Soccer Players—A Meta-Analysis. Nutrients, 11(6), 1305.
4. Lundy, B., O’Connor, H., Pelly, F. and Caterson, I. (2006) Anthropometric characteristics and competition dietary intakes of professional rugby league players. Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab, 16(2), 199-213.
5. Traversa, C., Nyman, D.L.E. and Spriet, L.L. (2022) Dietary intake over a 7-day training and game period in female varsity rugby union players. Nutrients, 14, 2281 https://doi.org/10.3390/nu14112281
6. O Cathain, C., Fleming, J., Renard, M. and Kelly, D.T. (2020) Dietary intake of Gaelic football players during game preparation and recovery. Sports 8, 62 http://dx.doi.org/10.3390/sports8050062
7. McCrink, C.M., McSorley, E.M., Grant, K., McNeilly, A.M. and Magee, P.J. (2021) An investigation of dietary intake, nutrition knowledge and hydration status of Gaelic Football players. Eur J Nutr, 60(3), 1465-1473.
8. McGuire, A., Warrington, G. and Doyle, L. (2022) Energy availability and macronutrient intake in elite male Gaelic football players. Sci Med in Football, https://doi.org/10.1080/24733938.2022.2029551
9. Williams, C. and Rollo, I. (2015) Carbohydrate nutrition and team sport performance. Sports Med 45(S1):13-22.
10. Hills, S.P. and Russell, M. (2018). Carbohydrates for soccer: a focus on skilled actions and half-time practices. Nutrients 10, 22. doi:10.3390/nu10010022
11. Magee, P.J., Pourshahidi, L.K., Wallace, J.M.W., Cleary, J., Conway, J., Harney, E. and Madigan, S.M. (2013). Vitamin D status and supplementation in elite Irish athletes. Int J Sports Nutr Exerc Metab 23:441-448.
12. Todd, J., Madigan, S., Pourshahidi, K., McSorley, E., Laird, E., Healy, M. and Magee, P. (2016). Vitamin D status and supplementation practices in elite Irish athletes: an update from 2010/11. Nutrients 8(8),E485; doi:10.3390/nu8080485,
13. Todd, J., McSorley, E., Pourshahidi, L.K., Madigan, S., Laird, E., Healy, M., Magee, P. (2017). Vitamin D3 supplementation using an oral spray solution resolves deficiency but has no effect on VO2 max in Gaelic footballers: results from a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial. Eur J Nutr 56(4),1577-1587.
14. Harju, T., Gray, B., Mavroedi, A., Farooq, A. and Reilly J.J. (2022) Prevalence and novel risk factors for vitamin D insufficiency in elite athletes: systematic review and meta-analysis. Eur J Nutr 61:3857-3871.
15. O’Brien, L., Collins, K. and Amirabdollhian, F. (2021) Exploring sports nutrition knowledge in elite Gaelic footballers. Nutrients 13,1081 https://doi.org/10.3390/nu13041081
16. Hitendre, S., Jordan, R., Theodorakopoulos, C. and White, L. (2022) Dietary intakes, knowledge and perceptions of semi-professional rugby athletes in Scotland. J Int Soc Sports Nutr 19(1), 49-69.
17. Tam, R et al. (2019) Effectiveness of education interventions designed to improve nutrition knowledge in athletes: a systematic review. Sports Med 49:1769-1786.