Funding eligibility criteria apply. Please visit the School of Life Sciences NERC CENTA webpage for more information.
1. Pembrey, M.E., Bygren, L.O., Kaati, G., Edvinsson, S., Northstone, K., Sjostrom, M., Golding, J., and Team, A.S. (2006). Sex-specific, male-line transgenerational responses in humans. Eur J Hum Genet 14, 159-166.
2. Grossniklaus, U., Kelly, W.G., Ferguson-Smith, A.C., Pembrey, M., and Lindquist, S. (2013). Transgenerational epigenetic inheritance: how important is it? Nat Rev Genet 14, 228-235.
3. Cossetti, C., Lugini, L., Astrologo, L., Saggio, I., Fais, S., and Spadafora, C. (2014). Soma-to-germline transmission of RNA in mice xenografted with human tumour cells: possible transport by exosomes. PLoS One 9, e101629.
4. Dias, B.G., and Ressler, K.J. (2014). Parental olfactory experience influences behavior and neural structure in subsequent generations. Nat Neurosci 17, 89-96.
5. Kaati, G., Bygren, L.O., and Edvinsson, S. (2002). Cardiovascular and diabetes mortality determined by nutrition during parents' and grandparents' slow growth period. Eur J Hum Genet 10, 682-688.
6. Sharma, A. (2015). Transgenerational epigenetic inheritance: resolving uncertainty and evolving biology. Biomol Concepts 6, 87-103.
7. Devanapally, S., Ravikumar, S., and Jose, A.M. (2015). Double-stranded RNA made in C. elegans neurons can enter the germline and cause transgenerational gene silencing. PNAS 112, 2133-2138.
8. Heard, E., and Martienssen, R.A. (2014). Transgenerational epigenetic inheritance: myths and mechanisms. Cell 157, 95-109.
9. Rechavi, O., Houri-Ze'evi, L., Anava, S., Goh, W.S., Kerk, S.Y., Hannon, G.J., and Hobert, O. (2014). Starvation-induced transgenerational inheritance of small RNAs in C. elegans. Cell 158, 277-287.
10. Rechavi, O., Minevich, G., and Hobert, O. (2011). Transgenerational inheritance of an acquired small RNA-based antiviral response in C. elegans. Cell 147, 1248-1256.
11. Greer, E.L., Beese-Sims, S.E., Brookes, E., Spadafora, R., Zhu, Y., Rothbart, S.B., Aristizabal-Corrales, D., Chen, S., Badeaux, A.I., Jin, Q., et al. (2014). A histone methylation network regulates transgenerational epigenetic memory in C. elegans. Cell Rep 7, 113-126.
12. Edison, A.S. (2009). Caenorhabditis elegans pheromones regulate multiple complex behaviors. Curr Opin Neurobiol 19, 378-388.
13. Schroeder, F.C. (2015). Modular assembly of primary metabolic building blocks: a chemical language in C. elegans. Chem Biol 22, 7-16.
14. Kanzaki, N., Kiontke, K., Tanaka, R., Hirooka, Y., Schwarz, A., Muller-Reichert, T., Chaudhuri, J., and Pires-daSilva, A. (2017). Description of two three-gendered nematode species in the new genus Auanema (Rhabditina) that are models for reproductive mode evolution. Sci Rep 7, 11135.
FTE Category A staff submitted: 12.60
Research output data provided by the Research Excellence Framework (REF)Click here to see the results for all UK universities