This funding provides full tuition fees at the Home/EU rate, pays an annual stipend in line with UK Research Councils (currently £15,009) and a research training support grant (RTSG) of £8,000
1. Pembrey, M.E., Bygren, L.O., Kaati, G., Edvinsson, S., Northstone, K., Sjostrom, M., Golding, J., and Team, A.S. (2006). Sex-specific, male-line transgenerational responses in humans. Eur J Hum Genet 14, 159-166.
2. Grossniklaus, U., Kelly, W.G., Ferguson-Smith, A.C., Pembrey, M., and Lindquist, S. (2013). Transgenerational epigenetic inheritance: how important is it? Nat Rev Genet 14, 228-235.
3. Cossetti, C., Lugini, L., Astrologo, L., Saggio, I., Fais, S., and Spadafora, C. (2014). Soma-to-germline transmission of RNA in mice xenografted with human tumour cells: possible transport by exosomes. PLoS One 9, e101629.
4. Dias, B.G., and Ressler, K.J. (2014). Parental olfactory experience influences behavior and neural structure in subsequent generations. Nat Neurosci 17, 89-96.
5. Kaati, G., Bygren, L.O., and Edvinsson, S. (2002). Cardiovascular and diabetes mortality determined by nutrition during parents' and grandparents' slow growth period. Eur J Hum Genet 10, 682-688.
6. Sharma, A. (2015). Transgenerational epigenetic inheritance: resolving uncertainty and evolving biology. Biomol Concepts 6, 87-103.
7. Devanapally, S., Ravikumar, S., and Jose, A.M. (2015). Double-stranded RNA made in C. elegans neurons can enter the germline and cause transgenerational gene silencing. PNAS 112, 2133-2138.
8. Heard, E., and Martienssen, R.A. (2014). Transgenerational epigenetic inheritance: myths and mechanisms. Cell 157, 95-109.
9. Rechavi, O., Houri-Ze'evi, L., Anava, S., Goh, W.S., Kerk, S.Y., Hannon, G.J., and Hobert, O. (2014). Starvation-induced transgenerational inheritance of small RNAs in C. elegans. Cell 158, 277-287.
10. Rechavi, O., Minevich, G., and Hobert, O. (2011). Transgenerational inheritance of an acquired small RNA-based antiviral response in C. elegans. Cell 147, 1248-1256.
11. Greer, E.L., Beese-Sims, S.E., Brookes, E., Spadafora, R., Zhu, Y., Rothbart, S.B., Aristizabal-Corrales, D., Chen, S., Badeaux, A.I., Jin, Q., et al. (2014). A histone methylation network regulates transgenerational epigenetic memory in C. elegans. Cell Rep 7, 113-126.
12. Edison, A.S. (2009). Caenorhabditis elegans pheromones regulate multiple complex behaviors. Curr Opin Neurobiol 19, 378-388.
13. Schroeder, F.C. (2015). Modular assembly of primary metabolic building blocks: a chemical language in C. elegans. Chem Biol 22, 7-16.
14. Kanzaki, N., Kiontke, K., Tanaka, R., Hirooka, Y., Schwarz, A., Muller-Reichert, T., Chaudhuri, J., and Pires-daSilva, A. (2017). Description of two three-gendered nematode species in the new genus Auanema (Rhabditina) that are models for reproductive mode evolution. Sci Rep 7, 11135.
FTE Category A staff submitted: 12.60
Research output data provided by the Research Excellence Framework (REF)Click here to see the results for all UK universities