1. Global BPgeu Consortium. Genome-wide association study of blood pressure and hypertension. Nat Gen. 2009, 41, 666
2. Frosst P, Blom HJ, Milos R, Goyette P, Sheppard CA, Matthews RG et al. A candidate genetic risk factor for vascular disease: a common mutation in methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase Nat Genet. 1995, 10, 111
3. Amenyah SD, Hughes CF, Ward M, Rosborough S, Deane J, Thursby SJ, Walsh CP, Kok DE, Strain JJ, McNulty H, Lees-Murdock DJ. Influence of nutrients involved in one-carbon metabolism on DNA methylation in adults-a systematic review and meta-analysis. Nutr Rev. 2020 Aug 1;78(8):647-666
4. Amenyah SD, Ward M, Strain JJ, McNulty H, Hughes CF, Dollin C, Walsh CP, Lees-Murdock DJ. Nutritional Epigenomics and Age-Related Disease. Curr Dev Nutr. 2020 Jun 6;4(7):nzaa097
5.Horigan G, McNulty H, Ward M, Strain JJ, Purvis J, Scott JM. Riboflavin lowers blood pressure in cardiovascular disease patients homozygous for the 677C-->T polymorphism in MTHFR. J. Hypertens. 2010, 28, 478
6. Wilson CP, Ward M, McNulty H, Strain JJ, Trouton TG, Horigan G, Purvis J, Scott JM. Riboflavin offers a targeted strategy for managing hypertension in patients with the MTHFR 677TT genotype: A 4-y follow-up. Am J Clin Nutr. 2012, 95:766–72.
7. Wilson CP, McNulty H, Ward M, Strain JJ, Trouton TG, Hoeft BA, Weber P, Roos FF, Horigan G, McAnena L, et al. Blood pressure in treated hypertensive individuals with the MTHFR 677TT genotype is responsive to intervention with riboflavin: Findings of a targeted randomized trial. Hypertension. 2013, 61:1302–8.
8. Ward et al. Impact of the common MTHFR 677C→T polymorphism on blood pressure in adulthood and role of riboflavin in modifying the genetic risk of hypertension: evidence from the JINGO project. BMC Med. 2020, 11;18(1):318.
9. Amenyah SD, McMahon A, Ward M, Deane J, McNulty H, Hughes CF, Strain JJ, Horigan G, Purvis J, Walsh CP, Lees-Murdock DJ Riboflavin supplementation alters global and gene-specific DNA methylation in adults with the MTHFR 677 TT genotype. 2020, Biochimie 173, 17-26.
10. Amenyah SD, Ward M, McMahon A, Deane J, McNulty H, Hughes CF, Strain JJ, Horigan G, Purvis J, Walsh CP, Lees-Murdock DJ DNA methylation of hypertension-related genes and effect of riboflavin supplementation in adults stratified by genotype for the MTHFR C677T polymorphism 2021, International Journal of Cardiology 322, 233-239.