This is a 3.5 year EPSRC DTG funded studentship covering fees and stipend (£15,009 in 2019-20)
Open to UK/EU applicants only due to funding restrictions.
We expect the programme to commence in September 2020.
1. H. M. Nicholas, M. Vonci, C. A. P. Goodwin, S. W. Loo, S. R. Murphy, D. Cassim, R. E. P. Winpenny, E. J. L. McInnes, N. F. Chilton and D. P. Mills, “Electronic structures of bent lanthanide(III) complexes with two N-donor ligands”, Chem. Sci. 2019, 10, 10493.
2. A.-M. Ariciu, D. H. Woen, D. N. Huh, L. Nodarki, A. K. Kostopoulos, C. A. P. Goodwin, N. F. Chilton, E. J. L. McInnes, R. E. P. Winpenny, W. J. Evans and F. Tuna, “Engineering electronic structure to prolong relaxation times in molecular qubits by minimising orbital angular momentum”, Nature Commun. 2019, 10, 3330.
3. M. J. Giansiracusa, E. Moreno-Pineda, R. Hussain, R. Marx, M. Dörfel, P. Neugebauer, S. Al-Badran, D. Collison, F. Tuna, J. van Slageren, S. Carretta, T. Guidi, E. J. L. McInnes, R. E. P. Winpenny and N. F. Chilton, “Measurement of magnetic exchange in asymmetric lanthanide dimetallics: towards a transferable theoretical framework”, J. Amer. Chem. Soc. 2018, 140, 2504.
4. A. Formanuik, A.-M. Ariciu, F. Ortu, R. Beekmeyer, A. Kerridge, F. Tuna, E. J. L. McInnes and D. P. Mills, “Actinide covalency measured by pulsed electron paramagnetic resonance spectroscopy”, Nature Chem. 2016, 9, 568-583.
5. D.M. King, P.A. Cleaves, A.J. Wooles, B.M. Gardner, N.F. Chilton, F. Tuna, W. Lewis, E.J.L. McInnes and S.T. Liddle, “Molecular and electronic structure of terminal and alkali metal-capped uranium(V)-nitride complexes”, Nature Commun. 2016, 7, 13773.