This project aims to foster new world class research into challenging issues in the built environment with regard to evidence-based learning for excellence in professional practices. This project is open to applicants who have specialty interests in related areas and have ambition to generate new knowledge to inform academic research and professional practices in the design, construction, and/or operation of buildings and/or civil infrastructure.
The research areas of this project include but not limited to the following new analysis and/or solutions in the context of engineering and/or management for the built environment:
· Calculated/Informed/Intelligent decision-making support in design, construction, and/or operation.
· Methodological studies on advanced technical solutions for optimization and/or optioneering with regard to people, products, processes, resources, and/or environment.
· The enhancement of capability, dependability, efficacy, and/or resilience at strategic, tactical, and/or operational levels.
· The study on accidents or best practices to advance the professional body of knowledge.
The expected research outcomes from this research project may include but not limited to with regard to the researchers’ career development in academic research and/or professional practices:
· Academic papers published in top journals.
· Books based on the research for dissertations.
· Presentations to national and/or international audiences.
Subject areas include: Engineering: Civil & Structural Engineering
Maths & Computing: AI & Machine Learning; Data Analysis; Operational Research
Social Science & Health: Architecture & the Built Environment; Education; History; Political Science & International Studies; Psychology
Business & Finance: Business & Management