This project is available to UK/EU candidates. Funding covers fees and stipend for 3.5 years. Candidates will be required to split their time between Manchester and Melbourne.
Applications should be submitted online and candidates should make direct contact with the Manchester supervisor to discuss their application directly. Applicants must have obtained, or be about to obtain, at least an upper second class honours degree (or equivalent) in a relevant subject.
As an equal opportunities institution we welcome applicants from all sections of the community regardless of gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation and transgender status. All appointments are made on merit.
• Bellamy L. Pre-eclampsia and risk of cardiovascular disease and cancer in later life: systematic review and meta-analysis BMJ. 2007;335(7627):974.
• Shahul S. Circulating Antiangiogenic Factors and Myocardial Dysfunction in Hypertensive Disorders of Pregnancy Hypertension. 2016;67(6):1273-80.
• Investigators THOPEHS. N Engl J Med. 2000;342:145-53
• Onda et al, Proton Pump Inhibitors Decrease Soluble fms-Like Tyrosine Kinase-1 and Soluble Endoglin Secretion, Decrease Hypertension, and Rescue Endothelial Dysfunction. Hypertension 2017; 69(3): 457-46
• Kumasawa et al, Pravastatin induces placental growth factor (PGF) and ameliorates preeclampsia in a mouse model. PNAS 2011; 108(4), 1451-5