Applications are invited from self-funded students. This project has a Band 3 fee. Details of our different fee bands can be found on our website (View Website). For information on how to apply for this project, please visit the Faculty of Biology, Medicine and Health Doctoral Academy website (View Website).
As an equal opportunities institution we welcome applicants from all sections of the community regardless of gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation and transgender status. All appointments are made on merit.
1. Macdonald D, Thomson DD, Johns A, Contreras Valenzuela A, Gilsenan JM, Lord KM, Bowyer P, Denning DW, Read ND, Bromley MJ. 2018. Inducible cell fusion permits use of competitive fitness profiling in the human pathogenic fungus Aspergillus fumigatus. Antimicrob Agents Chemother doi:10.1128/AAC.01615-18.
2. Ahmed WM, Geranios P, White IR, Lawal O, Nijsen TM, Bromley MJ, Goodacre R, Read ND, Fowler SJ. 2018. Development of an adaptable headspace sampling method for metabolic profiling of the fungal volatome. Analyst 143:4155-4162.
3. Gsaller F, Furukawa T, Carr PD, Rash B, Jochl C, Bertuzzi M, Bignell EM, Bromley MJ. 2018. Mechanistic Basis of pH-Dependent 5-Flucytosine Resistance in Aspergillus fumigatus. Antimicrob Agents Chemother 62.
4. Fraczek MG, Chishimba L, Niven RM, Bromley M, Simpson A, Smyth L, Denning DW, Bowyer P. 2018. Corticosteroid treatment is associated with increased filamentous fungal burden in allergic fungal disease. J Allergy Clin Immunol 142:407-414.
5. Misslinger M, Gsaller F, Hortschansky P, Muller C, Bracher F, Bromley MJ, Haas H. 2017. The cytochrome b5 CybE is regulated by iron availability and is crucial for azole resistance in A. fumigatus. Metallomics 9:1655-1665.