Home/EU tuition fees will be covered and the recipient of the award will receive an annual stipend at the EPSRC rate (£15,009 for 2019/20). If you are an overseas (non-EU) applicant, you would need alternative sources of funding to meet the difference between the Home/EU and the Overseas tuition fee.
Suitable for graduates with an upper second class honours degree in architecture, planning, engineering, social sciences, computer science, environmental sciences or a related field.
If your first language is not English, you will need to satisfy Cardiff University’s English language requirements.
Full-time PhD to start in April 2020.
On your Cardiff University PhD online application, enter 'EnergyRev studentship' in response to the funding question.
As part of your application, please upload your CV, covering letter and research proposal (relating to the potential impacts of scaling up smart buildings to smart local energy systems on and by the built environment).
The suggested length for the research proposal is 2 sides of A4 and should include:
• Title (encapsulating the research topic and its scope)
• Research aim
• Research context (why you think this aim is worth pursuing)
• Research design and methodology (an outline of how you propose to conduct the research)
• Possible outcomes (the value of the research results)
• Resources and obstacles (possible impediments to the research).
FTE Category A staff submitted: 14.80
Research output data provided by the Research Excellence Framework (REF)Click here to see the results for all UK universities